Globalscope Holds Spring Conference
Names Martijn Peters as President; Adds Three New Members
LONDON—May 10, 2023—Globalscope Partners Ltd., a worldwide network of M&A firms specializing in middle-market transactions, has named Martijn Peters as its new President.
Peters succeeds John Sloan of Dallas-based Sloan Capital, who officially ended his two-year term as President during the 2023 Spring Conference held April 19-22 in Buenos Aires. Attendees came from 31 countries worldwide.
Martijn Peters is the Founder and Managing Director of DEX international M&A.
Located in The Netherlands, DEX specializes in structuring and managing cross-border M&A transactions for entrepreneurs, investors, and large corporations.
Other highlights of the Spring 2023 Globalscope conference, include the voting in of three new member firms:
- A. Buchholtz & Co., a New-York-based M&A advisory firm headed by Founder and President, Andrew Buchholtz
- Locus Capital, a leading Korean boutique investment bank founded by Jacob Hoyeon Won and Serck-Joo Hong
- Rungta Advisors, based in India, founded by Pankaj Rungta
Attendees also approved a new slate of directors to head the following roles:
- Outgoing President John Sloan will oversee the network’s Marketing, PR & Lead Generation
- Stephen Jakob (Osprey Capital, Canada), will serve as Globalscope Treasurer
- José Rogelio Diaz (Insignia Financial Group, Panama), will lead the Recruitment function for the Americas Region
- And Alexander Wood (AWR Lloyd, Thailand), will spearhead Recruitment for the SEA/EMEA Regions.
Board members who will continue to serve in previous positions include:
- Michael Moritz (Carlsquare GmbH, Germany), Training & EMDM.
- Kamal Rungta (RCS Advisors, India), Globalscope Conferences
- Al Melchiorre (MelCap Advisors, USA), Head of Sectors
- Dr. Thomas Vettiger (IFBC, Switzerland), Strategic Development
- And Deniz Kartal (Orion Capital Partners, Turkey), Member Engagement.
Recoginizing seven partner firms for outstanding achievement was also a major high point of the event. Awards in three separate categories were presented to:
Most Active Members:
- Carlsquare GmbH – First Place (Germany)
- Pirola Corporate Finance – Second Place (taly)
- DEX international M&A – Third Place (Netherlands)
Most Valuable Deal:
- Carlsquare GmbH
Flagship Transaction Award for the deal involving two or members:
- Stratégique Consulting & Corporate Finance (Netherlands)
- Bondo Advisors (Spain)
- Carlsquare GmbH (Germany)
- Summa Capital (Finland)
- Silverpeak (UK),
“Last year Globalscope members closed 203 deals with a combined value of $20,8 billion,” Peters said. “It was the highest total in our network’s history, and we’re continuing to make strategic moves we believe will accelerate our growth and development going forward,” he added.